UCLA Emeriti Association Fall Report to CUCEA, October 2014
1. Dan Mitchell, Professor-Emeritus of Management and Public Affairs, assumed the Association Presidency on July 1, 2014. Betty Chang has been elected as President-Elect.
2. The AssociationŐs annual Awards Dinner in May was well attended, with over 80 paying diners. Awardees include Mef Seeman, Eric Fonkalsrud, Howard Suber, Paul Sheats and Joyce Ludmer. Following the dinner and business meeting we were entertained by several UCLA undergraduate poets.
3. In May the Association also held its annual Arts and Crafts Exhibit, which was a success as always.
4. The Association budget continues to be extremely healthy, and we are discussing how we might utilize some of our surplus for worthy local purposes.
5. The AssociationŐs new Website is now up and functioning. As is typically the case, keeping everything up-to-date continues to be a challenge.
6. Perhaps the best news is that there is nothing particularly serious or troubling to report. LetŐs hope it stays that way.
Submitted by David Lopez, 9-25-14